CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

To Michigan, Madison and Back Again!

Since the last time I posted I have been VERY busy! I drove down to Okemos Michigan to visit one of m very god friends M, and the from there, after visiting for a few days we loaded up her pony Hank, P, J, J's pony Star and myself and road tripped even further down to Madison Wisconsin. Why Madison you may ask? Well! Since I missed the Parelli Celebration in Harrisburg [was in Ocala obviously, externing] I exchanged my ticket to get to be in Madison.

M and J both were on the menu of spotlights, and they were both GREAT! M had online and freestyle with Hank, and they were fabulous and J had freestyle with Star and were great too. Saturday and Sunday were fantastic. I did some shopping in the 50% off bins and learned tons.

The dance on Saturday night was a blast. I actually dances, and E attempted to teach me some line dances... we will see how well they stick with me the next time I go out to a country bar...?

My basic point of todays blog though, besides having driven for eternity *again* is what happened when I got home. Obviously, after unloading my truck I went out to Aunty's to visit my much missed ponies. They were gracefully out in the middle of the pasture, completely ignoring my calls and whistles. Joy.

I debated just leaving things at that and waiting til I had time to play and do things before pestering them, but being me, I started to hike myself out there. Mo looked at me when I started walking, but promptly returned to grazing, gooberball! Indy though, didnt notice me right away, but when she did she walked all the way up to me! How sweet is that? She came right up to me, all happy and ears perked, looking for her hugs.

I scratched on her for a while, saved Mo from getting eaten, since she walked right over as soon as Indy came to me. Mo is such a jealous girl! I loved on Indy for a little while, then pony-jumped to Mo, taking out her braid and scratching her itchy neck. She was so sweet, trying to scratch me back.

Even Crystal came over, which was a nice surprise, so I cuddled with her a little bit. Indy wandered back over then, and so I scratched her some more and then said my goodbyes and started back to the barn because it was starting to rain. It was then that I got a REALLY nice BIG surprise.... I turned to walk away, and INDY CAME WITH ME!

I didnt ask her, I usually dont even have that great of draw with her, our liberty is nearly non existant and voila... she voluntarily followed me back to the barn [from waaay out in the pasture] no strings attached, right beside me, all the way. I felt so... honoured!

At the barn,I asked her what she would like to do. If she just wanted some cookies or if she wanted to come in and be brushed. She opted to come in and gently walked through the door and disengaged and waited while I closed the gate, then we yo=yoed down the aisle to the front where I usually groom and turned around there. ALL AT LIBERTY!!! YEY!!!!

She stood perfectly still while I got brushes and groomed her. She stood perfectly still while I brushed her, body and mane and tail. She was curious about the cowboy magic, which made me laugh. She was curious about the brushes and other things on the feed bin and snuffled around knocking them over happily. She was CALM and happy and confident. EVEN when we were done and I backed her via phase one yo-yo all the way down the aisle and she missed a step and kicked her hind leg against the bike. She just went "oh darn" and rearranged to suit.

Joy of joys, she then squeezed out the gate and turned and faced when I asked. LOADS OF COOKIES FOR THAT! I made two return trips to the cookie jar for that effort!! Indy stayed at the gate until I went into the tackroom to put away the brushes. What a sweet heart. It was so very nice.

Such a treat! I cant believe how well Indy is doing! I guess getting your online great really does lead to great liberty... DOI!!!!

:-)
S

0 comments: