CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Goals

Goals are such interesting things. You can have big ones. You can have small ones. Long term ones, short term ones. Acheivable ones and ones that are a little more far fetched. I have a lot of goals, of all kinds of types.

One of those goal has actually been met in the last week! Well, more than one but the one I am thinking of while writing this blog is the one I will share. There is a story behind it, as I am sure there is behind most goals, and mine starts more than a little while ago.

Waaayyyy back in 2007 I went to my very first [and only, to date] Savvy Conference in Colorado. It was my first adventure to a Parelli Centre, though not by any means my first Parelli event. While I was there, the atmosphere was just phenomenol. I wanted nothing more than to park myself there and not go home. Obviously, I had to return myself to my native Canadia, and wait until 2008 when I could attend my first course in Florida.

When I got home from this wonderfull life changing adventure - this being the adventure that really pushed me into wanting to get to the centres and do more - I composed a loverly email to Parelli HQ, telling them how wonderful my experience there was, how welcoming and friendly everyone was, and asking about how to get myself onto Faculty one day. I knew I wasnt ready then, but some day, I wanted to be that person who inspired the old me into wanting to more.

Flash forward to today! This week has been the start of a course called the Flex Track at the Florida Parelli Centre. Here I am, being an intern on campus ....  when all of a sudden [not really, I volunteered!] I get to be on FACULTY!

For this past week, and next week, I have and will be assisting Jerry Williams in coaching this wonderful group of students! So far it has been such a great experience! I love being able to help empower all these students, and seeing their successes each day and their growth is just such a treat.

So thats my joy du jour. Goal Achieved. Made it onto teaching faculty, for at least two weeks! How cool is that? AND I get Mo here to help me, and shes been a total rockstar, being exactly the partner I need her to be.

:-D
S

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's so awesome Sandy !!! I'm very happy for you and VERY proud of you !!! xoxoxxoo
Love Mom

Parelli Central said...

Contratulations! Teaching on the center is sooo much fun.. ENJOY!
I will be out of the office for the summer, teaching in the field and assisting at the CO campus, you can always find me on Parelli Connect!
Enjoy your summer...

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central