CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Today is officially the first day of a new year - this wild and crazy year of 2014!  Which, coincidentally, is also the Chinese Year of the Horse. How cool is that?

Of course the traditional thing to do to kick off a new year is lay down some resolutions or goals. I have a few so far.

     1- I would like to become more physically flexible. This will help my riding and general comfort in life, and it is something I have really neglected since... forever. I think playing with flexibility on a continued basis will also help out my club foot situation so I can be more balanced.
     2 - I plan to become 'extraneous' debt free in 2014. Obviously, I will still have a mortgage [barring a lottery win!] but I have a plan to pay off all other debts owing.
     3 - I will set aside actual planned time with my own horses, and not let them slide by the wayside because I get to busy teaching/training other people and horses. Especially poor Zephyr! The Phyr-Child will be grown enough physically to be able to do more, so I can use that 'excuse' for her any more. Id like to accomplish some L3 auditions with Zephyr this summer.
    4 - I plan to attend as many learning experiences as I can justifiably accomplish, given resolution #2. Progression is key to motivation for me. Whether horse related or not!  

One of the things I decided to randomly start doing this year too, was something that was floating around facebook - its to start a savings jar. Each week you put the dollar amount in the jar that corresponds to the week numer - IE: this week one dollar, next week two dollars... etc...  http://thehousemadehome.blogspot.ca/2013/06/52-week-money-challenge-are-you-game.html
It seems like a great way to save money without really noticing, because the most you will ever put it, in a week will be $52! But as each week adds on to the last, you will end up with over a thousand dollars by this time next year :) Who doesnt want to start the new year with a little extra cash?

There was another thing I saw on facebook that I plan to do too - its another jar. I like jars I guess. But in this one, you write notes of all the amazing things, the fun things, the silly things, the OH BOY things, and you put them all in the jar. So you can remember how amazing the past year was when you get to this time of year and start reminiscing again. As someone who wishes they blogged more about the little things in life, this caters to me perfectly :) Now I just have to find some jars/bowls/buckets!


Happy New Year everyone, I hope it is filled with joy, laughter and of course lots of horses!

:)
S

1 comments:

Unknown said...

you can buy a box of 12 jars at canadian tire for like 5$ i think... I do it often and use them as glasses lol.