CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Session #2!

Finally got a second session since Sunday! Again in the barn - not because it was cold this time, but because it was so warm today all we have is sheer ice now. I appreciate the warmth though, but I do hope we get some snow soon to cover up all the ice... or it just stays warm enough to ride in the slush? 

Mo was stellar! Started the "come" portion of the boomerang, which I hadnt done with her before. She was lame back when I got the dvd's at my birthday. I have played with both Zephyr and Surreal with it, but never got back to doing it with Mo because she only came sound in December, after I gave up on playing for the winter. She was pretty confused at first that I genuinely wanted her to touch me with her forehead, but seemed fairly pleased with herself when she sorted it out. 

Tried our haunches in again, left was super easy - she was able to maintain it the whole length of the barn right off the bat! Right was harder but more understood than last time. She was able to maintain two steps together by the end, and she was way more clear in what her feet and body needed to be doing.

Also played with some "how light can your follow a feel be" with right side lateral bend. I think sometimes, Mo is so sensitive, it is too easy to manage her through maneuvers and I need to give her more chance to be responsible for seeking her release. She started a teensy bit bracey but finished buttery soft. Finished with a bit of school halt, she is understanding more about tucking her bum and stretching her hamstrings. We both need yoga class.... 

40 minutes together, before dinner, after the gym  :) 

0 comments: