CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Friday, September 14, 2012

Mo Update

I got the call back from the vet today, the blood work came back extremely anemic. The plus side to this is that the blood work also came back good for the kidneys and liver and other internals.

Soooo.... this means we have a reason for all the symptoms but not the cause. For now she is sticking on supplements, and getting all the tasty thigns she wants until she is better. The best part is that she WILL get better.

In other news, today I made a new mini pasture in the back field where there used to be a beaver pond. We broke the dam and cleared out the beavers and thanks to the summers drought we now have clean dry land. That happens to be full of lucious grass! I would have liked to fence the whole area, but because I have only step in posts right now, I could only do a small area.

It took me a little longer than I planned to finish this little project - mostly because it took FOREVER to untangle all the wire I had, because it has been used over and over. When I put it away last time, I wasnt terribly neat about it and it bit me in the butt today. From now on, every time I put away fence wire, I will do it PROPERLY! I do not want to spend all that time again...

Anyways, the ponies were fairly pleased to go out in their new mini vcacation home. I only let them out for an hour, but they were happy none the less. They kept standing at the tallest grass and nibbling like it was some kind of buffet. Cute.

Mo got her own solo hour out there too, and she hardly made it past the gate by the time I came to retrieve her. Too funny! She just mowed her way, slowly out and out. She was even happy to come back in, which was nice. I came out and just stood at the gate and she marched over right away. That was a nice feeling.

Such was my day. That little feild took me way longer to build than I thought, but Im happy with it. The horses are too. A crazy thunderstorm rolled in for the afternoon. The temperature dropped like crazy, and there was quite a light show! Mo was happily tucked into her shed.

:)
S

0 comments: