CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Saturday, October 10, 2009

She CANTERED To Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was finally a sunny day today. I woke up this morning and was perplexed by the shiny yellow orb in the sky, as I have not seen it in so long! Heartened by the sunshinyness of the day, I bundled up in a zillion layers - it was chilly and windy - and headed out to visit my ponies!

Once again they were all in the way far corner, but today they were sun bathing and dozing so I wasnt to offended when no one came over. Technically I didnt even call them, since I didnt want to distrub anyones precious naptime. I wandered over, got about three quarters of the way there before Mo saw me. When she did she started walking over, which was really nice. Tripp and Trixie also came with her, which was cute to, she has a posse.

When she came over we snuggled a little bit, I grifted her body heat and she frisked me for cookies. It was a great trade off. After the usual look over, trying to peer through her mud caked fur, I halter m'dear and plunked my self in zone three and off we went to the barn me-and-my-shadow style. It was good fun.

In the barn I spiffed her up, back to her regular shiny self, braided her forelock so she could SEE [I am sure she can, but I wonder sometimes] and off we went out to play. I just kept my 12' on, because I wanted to play some more at Liberty, to see if we can amp it up even more. I also grabbed the bridle, as I planned to ride bareback after, due to some girth rubs on poor Mo.

Our ring is ... well, about half of it is a lake. So that limited our play area, but we still had a ball. Mo was in great form, squeeing and pretending to take off but only galavanting a step before checking in and seeing what the next game was. It was adorable. We even did a little cutting game and Mo was right into it, throwing her front end up and over, jumping around and having a ball.

At one point she even offered me several half circles really close to me, which was amazingly fabulous! Her sideways away was SUPER soft and collected, it was gorgeous. AND HER DRAW!! OMG WOW! The whole title of this blog entry is based on her INCREDIBLE draw today! Everytime she came back to me it was at a trot. One time she was coming I asked for a little extra oomph and there it was... CANTER DRAW!!! HOLY COW!! I about had an aneurysm I was so excited and proud of Mo. [insert lots of cookies here]

She was just so ON today. It was ridiculous! Anything I asked her, there it was. Back by the tail? No problem. Circles, done. Sideways, total pro. CANTER DRAW - ACCOMPLISHED!!! That has always been one of the things I see other people doing and wish I could have that kind of draw... liberty has always been my weakest Savvy I think, and now things are just coming together!!

At one point Mo got a little to "I like my idea better" so I just went back online, did a little more online and swithced back to liberty and everything was fabulous again! YEY MO!!!!

We rode a little bit, a little finesse practice. Transitions, lightness and sideways. It went great. Very proud of Mo. I wasnt being very good at being creative though and Mo was getting bored, and so was I so I jumped off again and we played some more at liberty... which was crazy fun! At one point I sent Mo on a circle around me and she went on a BIG circle of the whole arena and stopped at the gate. I kind of thought I had lost her, but she looked at me when I called her name and then SHE CANTERED TO ME ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE RING!!! *squees*

Needless to say, on that fabulous note, I stopped and let her graze for a good long while in the back yard. WHAT A STAR!!! And she loved every second of it!

I cant believe how fast and how well our liberty is coming. I cant remember why I put off playing with it now!
Mo rocks my socks.

:-)
S

0 comments: