CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sometimes I Wonder...

I wonder a lot of things... like how much hay needs to be washed out of my hair before the drain clogs... but tonight I am wondering a specific thing. I am wondering about my sanity.. or lack thereof!

As today is Sunday, I spent my dreary rainy day at work, which is completely ok with me. Being Sunday also means that tonight was the season premiere of Heartland, a delightfully horsey show that is among my guilty pleasures. Since it was such a moist damp cool day I came straight home [it was raining anyways] and jumped right into a wonderfull hot shower and plunked down for some down time. Havent had to much of that lately. I am not big on sitting still, it kind of irks me. I fidget, I invent things needing to be done, places to go, all that. I just dont like stopping because then I crash, and we all know thats no fun what so ever!

Due to the glory of time shifting I got to watch my delightful premier at 6 instead of 7 and after watching the Sunday movie which was the Pacifer, with Vin Diesel who always makes me giggle. Come 6pm I gte my loverly horsey-on-tv addiction fix ... and then its over. AND THEN I wonder why I havent seen my ponies today. And how I really want to go see them NOW. Even though its dark, even though its later, even though its raining. Hmm. I really wanted to be able to walk out my back door and see them, but alas they are not back there! I *almost* just sucked it up and said oh well, but then my conicous kicked itself and said THEY ARE ONLY FOUR KILOMETERS AWAY - GO!!! At least is isnt -3279857432985 degrees out yet!

So I did :-) And I spent a wonderful hour with BOTH of my ponies in the barn - the wonderful barn-with-lights - brushing them, hugging them, smelling them [horse people get this] playing with Mo's bows and playing hide and seek in the stalls. I love my horses. OH SO MUCH.  I miss them when I dont see them for 24 hours, sometimes even after just an hour or two. I am well and truly addicted to my horses, and it is definately a habit I am not interested in kicking!! Even if all I got today was an hour, spent in my pj pants and rubber boots, loving on them, it was enough. It was enough to lift my mood, make me smile and make everything ok again. Not that anything was wrong, just... I dont know, the world looks better after pony time.

Even better, Ajax was waiting for me at home and he was all happy and cuddley. AND Cairo seems to like me again as he is trying to post his own message to his not-so-secret-kitty-army.. so if there are typos, I blame him today! So its all good. Mo is happy, Indy is happy, Ajax is happy, Cairo is happy and all of that comes together to make me happy!

But like I said. I wonder sometimes, about the sanity of it all.

:-)
S


PS: fhiporengtres <-- Cairo says hi... I think. ?

1 comments:

Randa said...

Hi. My name is Randa. I like ur blog, and your horses sound wonderful! Thanks for following me, and I noticed that you've read the Twilight Saga. Are you a fan of the books? I am, but I only know like one or two Parelli people that are also a fan of Twilight. lol. :-) My horse and I officially passed Level 1 this spring, and now we are playing in Level 2 Freestyle and finishing up with Level 2 Online and starting some Level 3 tasks on the ground, but not very many! lol. Brizzee is EXTREMELY Grass oriented, so when in snows, that's the best time to play with her cuase she can't get anythign but snow. lol.

~Randa~