CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Little Bits

It was actually finally sunny today, so after work I was brave and went out to visit my wonderful fuffly friends.

Mo met me at the gate, and Indy was around to, which was nice. I went out to visit and say my hellos and slip my savvy string around Mo's neck. Today was one of those silly winter days where it feels like its been ever since I actually sat on a horse, so I just needed to sit on my pony. Either, I wasnt being picky, but Mo already had the string on.

I hopped up onto the water trough to use it as a mounting block, and Mo came over and then changed her mind and walked five steps away. A little sad, but not terribly surprised, I happily watched my other pony go "Oh boy, free human!" and mosey on over. The best part was that as she got closer she started coming in sideways to meet up with me on the mounting block. I layed on her and loved on her, but the way I was precariously perched on the edge of the water trough and the packed snow making her taller, I couldnt get the right angle to swing up. To tall!

When I jumped down, Mo came right back over and I was able to line things up right and squirm my way onto her back. Armed with my savvy string and carrot stick we moseyed on out into the  pasture. We didnt do to much, just some follow the trail on the path the ponies have dug in the snow, walking and trotting. I really just needed to feel my horsey and see her for more than just a quick hello and maybe a good grooming. I know I just rode last week, but it already feels like forever ago. January is like that.

When we got back to the gate in the ring, Indy was there waiting so I decided to perform an experiment. Indy and Mo hate each other with something bordering on passion, so I thought why not see if I can step up the leadership and work towards being able to play with the two together, and one from the other. Mo and I moseyed up to Indy and, as I thought, she pins her ears, but all four stay on the ground.  I protected our space [Mine and Mo's] with the stick and then *poof* ears up! How interesting... !

So we played with that, until the two of my girlies were standing an inch apart, side on, and HAPPILY. We did a few little stick to me forwards and backwards things and then Mo and I walked away. Leaving things on a good note! We wandered for a few more minutes before I jumped off and fetched some cookies for my rockstars. How I adore them!

:-)
S

0 comments: