CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me

What a nice birthday present I got yesterday....

While waiting for a friend to show up at my house so we could go see Secretariat [which was FANTABULOUS, for any so inclined to go see it] I got bored... and as usually happens when I get bored, I jumped in my car and went to visit Mo. 

Its rained a lot lately, so I was slightly dissapointed when driving down the road I saw the majority of the herd in a far corner of the pasture, across a vast expanse of mud and water... with me supposed to be staying clean for my birthday outing. Dissapointment did a lightning speed 180 when I saw Mo nosing about the barn, picking up hay wispys! What an excellent spot for her to be! Its like she was waiting for me!

I parked and ran into the barn.. and heres the best part.... When I got to the gate and called her name Mo called back to me!! She was happy to see me to!! And not just happy-enough-to-walk-over, but happy enough to nicker to me!! What a cool birthday present that was :-) Totally made my day!

I brought her in to shiny her up, since she was all covered in mud, and then let her graze in the backyard while I checked on poor C, who is sick with mono [sucky] Eventually I had to go back out and put Mo away, so I could go home to meet E, but it was a nice little visit to sate my need to see Mo all the time.

:-)
S

0 comments: