CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

WHEEHOOOOO!!!

I PASSED MY FIRST LEVEL FOUR SAVVY!!!!   - FREESTYLE!!!!!

We interns tested out with the Externs that just left, and I just got my results back today during my exit review and I passed my L4 freestyle!!!!!! *This* close to liberty, just would have needed a flying change of direction. 3++ in the other two savvys.. well, technically pre-L4 in finesse, as there is no 3, but same difference!

WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!

Here is what I put on Parelli Connec the day of the test :-)

Freestyle testing today. It went well-ish. I was pleased, but not satisfied I guess you could say. Mo was in a GO mood, so our stopping wasnt great, and it was slippy in the round corral in parts, so I felt out of balance when she moved… more bareback riding time! YEY!


The test was to start in a round pen, mount bareback [I am not talented enough to jump up from the ground so we used the fence] Once we were mounted we had to back up, walk a lap, trot a lap and canter four laps in both directions. That went pretty well, though it took Mo a few tries to get her balance on the right lead – which I found interesting, since she has been getting really good. From there we jumped off, saddled, remounted and headed out of the round pen to jump a log [which Mo WAY WAY overjumped!!! But we lived!] from there we were to go open and close a gate [went well] push a ball [Mo is great at that] and then pick up and move a bucket from one barrel to another. Things got dicey here! I had a halter with a savvy string on Mo, since I found out about the carrying things task, and it was a REALLY GOOD thing! I picked it up and things were ok, but when we started walking Mo got really tight and was going to super spook and bronc [its happened before] so I opted to drop the bucket and bend to a stop. Turned out well, I just dismounted and put the bucket back on the barrel and tried again. This time it worked out :-) We made it to the other barrel. Yey Mo! Its funny she has this reaction with buckets and cones, because I can take off coats and put them on the fence, or pick them up and carry them in a similar way no problem… more friendly game needed with this kind of thing obviously! After the bucket there was a weave pattern to do, which required drop to trot canter lead changes, which I think Mo actually did a good job at. She was go-ey, but she tried really hard for me, which I apreciate! Then it was off to the question box! Right canter depart [got the left lead, but fixed it on the first try] for two laps, simple change to the left for two laps, flying change to the right was called for [did a simple change] for a lap and then flying change to the left which we GOT and then stumbled, but still it was cool :-) for one more lap, then stop in the centre for 7 seconds. No problem! The goal was to do this with arms folded. I dont remember folding my arms because I had a carrot stick, but I didnt use the stick, and I had no reins to use, so YEY! I felt great about that part. We then had to show walk, trot, canter, halt, backup transitions down the center of the arena. Mo was go-ey on her stops, but we managed. Then sideways for twenty feet both ways, which was good, if a little forwards leaky. Overall, I felt pretty good about it. I know there was things we could have done better, but I was mostly really pleased! Afterward we trotted and cantered the whole way to the lodge to find the next person and then played around a little in the playground before going back to untack. Super fun day!
 
Cant believe we did it!!!!
 
 - S

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

of COURSE you did it ! because you are AWESOME !!! xoxxoo I know you will succeed at everything you put your mind to :)

Congrats to MO also :) She's such a good pony :) xoxoxox

Love Mom

Parelli Central said...

So very super awesome!
Congratulations to you and Mo.... :-)

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central