CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Thursday, October 25, 2012

*Extra* Extra Thought...

Apparently I am full of thoughts today. I am failing at my plan of "Do your thinking at night" ssshh... dont tell Pat...

Late this afternoon, as I was cleaning up my days worth of stuff strewn around my pasture, just as I was picking up the last thing - my long sleeve shirt, that was ABANDONED in favor of my TSHIRT because it was crazy wonderfully warm today [almost November, folks.. in Canada] Mo walks over to me. I am just walking by the logs, since thats where my shirt was and Mo purposefully comes over, says hi and basically [I swear, it was plain english] tells me she wants to go graze on the lawn.

It was ridiculous how clear this intention was. Now, I am not really one of those people who is believing in telepathy to animals to much... but sometimes I wonder... I figure, the connection we have after nine years has got to be worth something. So anyways, I hop up on the tree, Mo comes over to pick me up and off we go, out the gate and onto the lawn, bareback and bridle/halter free. Not even a savvy string. Just me and my pony.

So there we were, soaking up the setting sunshine and I just thought to myself " Holy crap. This is my life. My horsemanship. WOW" And I got really happy and excited. For no reason at all. Sometimes, out of the blue, it just hits my how cool my horse is, and how proud of her I am. I had a whole bunch of great rides today, even Zephyr wowed me when I ponied her out on Indy, and she just stuck with us like glue, never pulled on the rope once, even when we accidentally did some halt/walk/canter transitions. She was just a superstar.

The things that drive me to be better within Parelli are really those 'freestyle-y' things... the fact that my horse decided to come pick me up off a log and wanted to graze is amazing enough, but then we had to navigate a gate, AND cross perfectly good grass in the shade, because I wanted to sit in the sun. And we did. Just like that. My horse is amazing. Mo is amazing. I love Mo so much!

Sure, I might not be able to go out here and throw out one tempi changes[yet], but hey, I can get on my horse sans tack and feel pretty darn safe and have effective communication most of the time.  Gambler even had a few moments today, where I could feel the bridleless coming in the future. I love it. Its all about connection. And trust. You have to trust that they will be there for you when you have no backup, and know what the plan is if they arent I guess!

Either way, I just had a huge moment of LIFE IS COOL and thought I would share. Also, Mo is perfect. I love her beyond. I love her so much, it doesnt even matter how much the vet bill was from when she was sick [I choked a little when I opened it though... sometimes I wish vets had a menu like at restaurants, just so you know what you are getting into... its not like I would have NOT done any of the things I did, just knowing before would be nice, you know?]


:)
S