CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Random Extra Thought

As I came in for lunch, on this GORGEOUS 20 degree t-shirt wearing day, I was pondering over something D said to me last night. Its kind of rare that he offers any insight into my crazyness, but once in a while he makes me think.

As we were making supper, I was regaling him with all my awesomeness of the day. Yesterday was a good weather day too, and I got five horses played with/ridden [except Zephyr, because shes a baby, obviously] and over and over it was just "and they were SO GOOD!" And its true, everyone HAS been really good lately. To the point of surprising me, good.

So there I am trying to figure out if its a full moon or whatever, and D just says "Do you ever think that maybe its not that the horses are good, but that you are getting better and making them good?" Hmm. Well, no. My mom is always on me for not giving myself any credit, and she is right, I dont. But I dont want to be conceited either. Balance?

Lately though, my attitude has been really good. I have been positive, I have been having fun. I have just been enjoying every extra minute I can grab while the nice weather lasts. The Pete/Jerry Clinic and the Fawn clinic before that really gave me TONS of motivation to be a better me, for the world, but mostly for the ponies. Attitude is so very important in everything we do. Even if I still was with the horses every day, but I had the attitude of I HAVE TO DO THIS or its WORK, then I wouldnt be acocmplishing what I am now I think. Lets be honest though, I have a hard time qualifying 'horsey' as work... I love my job[s]!!!!!

All the break throughs with Gambler, and Indy, and the super easy first rides with Zephyr and now Duchess too [shes not mine though] Maybe it is me. Maybe I am harnessing my attitude better and now the ponies just want to give me everything because they can, since my attitude isnt in the way. Who knows... all I know is that they are all being amazing superstars, and I love it!!!!

ALSO- Mo felt amazing this morning and she ran over to me and begged to play so I took her for a ride in the new smart pad and she LOVES it!! AND SO DOES GAMBLER! Best ride on him EVER! SO amazing! I thought at one point he was going to buck in the canter before I realised he was just stretching over his back... crazy! POWERFULL that boy is, indeed.

Such is my random extra thought. Maybe I am taking this skill to another level and getting better :) I sure hope so!

:D
S

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

it's that whole "mirror" thing we talked about awhile ago and see??? it's not just ME that sees that you are doing so well :) CONGRATS to you and I'm very proud of you for being so happy and doing so well!!! xoxoxxoo Love your MOM ! :) :)