CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Sunday, January 22, 2017

SUPER PONY!

Mo, the worlds most clever pony, does it again!
Last time we played I touched on trying haunches in on the circle and it really didnt happen. Like not even a little bit, haha. Poor Mo. She tried a million things but was just pretty confused.
Initially today when we played, I wasnt even going to ask her about it, but everything was going so well and she was so soft and trying so hard, I kind of just thought about asking her to try and POOF.... it just happened!! One of those pick-your-jaw-up-off-the-floor moments! I honestly didnt really expect it to come, but there it was! Easy peasy, clearly understood.Balance, flexion, softness, engagement. All of it! WOW!!! She looked so FANCY!!

Both directions, it worked! I feel like Mo mulled over the issue since we played last. Such a clever pony she is! We were even able to play with it more in motion! She was understanding it so well that we did walk in haunches in to canter to walk in haunches in transitions! WOW. Crazy gorgeous pony!

In other news, the school halt is coming along too, as well as balance in the trot during shoulder in on the circle. I did a little bareback ride to test how light I could be to influence to haunches in while riding, and then went on a little trail ride in the hay field with Aeverie and Trixie.

3 hours later, cold toes but oh so happy!!!

0 comments: