CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Monday, July 14, 2008

Killer Mosquitoes!

Last night, at the ripe hour of nine thirty, when I was already abed, dreading the next [work] day, I hear some un-confidence inspiring thudding! Calculating the odds of the mysterious thudding being A) Robbers B) Robbers of C) Dakota on the loose. Deciding that I wanted to know and be prepared for either occurance I got out of bed and went to see what the fuss was.


Once outside I immediately saw the culprit- one big yellow horse, pacing the fenceline just outside my [basement] bedroom window. Not pacing just for kicks mind you, pacing because the mosquitoes were forming a cohesive attack plan, coating him in a cloud of their little whirring wings. Taking pity on my poor yellow amigo I got the cloth full of fly spray and approached Dakota, intending to wipe him down and end his misery.


Well! If Dakota didnt scatter like... scattering things! How interesting! As he trotted off, I trotted off after him, aiming my trajectory to come in front of him, catching his draw and making him see me. When this happened he went from "OH NO have to escape!" to "Oh hey? What are YOU running from" and came over to me. Whoo! Until... I turned to wipe him down and he was off again!


We repeated this little pattern twice until he came up the next time and rested his nose on my shoulder. If I said I didnt melt a little inside, I would be lying. When I turned this time, he stood completely quietly while I rubbed him everywhere with the cloth to spread out the fly spray. After that delightful experience I ran over back to where I came through the fence, and Dakota actually followed me! Cool feeling!


I went to bed smelling like fly spray, but it was worth it.


:-)

S


CHZ Burger Thought of the Day:

0 comments: