CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Thursday, August 28, 2008

They're HERE!


My NEW Parelli Patterns came last night!!! I am so excited to go through and watch them all!!


I obviously already watched the first one :-D The online DVD is really great! I loved seeing Pat play one the ground with Magic - since I dont see that all that often, and seeing Casper is ALWAYS a treat - I adore watching him, and Vanna is always cute to.


So many new ideas! AND a few really nice confidence boosters to! Things I have played with that a Level 4 - which I thought were just snazzy ideas, make me feel like a success-in-progress and that is always a complete plus!


Things in the L4 Section I have done/can do:

- Back the hind feet on to a pedestal

-Back into a trailer! [did this first day with new trailer because I thought it was neat]


Things in the L3 Section I have done/can do:

- travelling circling game

-trailer loading

-four feet on a pedestal


Of course I sneaked a peak ahead to the Freestyle dvd [well all of them actually!] because I love to ride more than almost anything, and I got another really nice you-are-on-the-right-track boost, because bridleless/neck rope riding which Mo and I are currently studying and playing with is a L4 skill! So I thought that was quite neat. An extra bonus for me, since for whatever reasons I usually feel that my riding is subpar. So it was nice to see in black and white that something I am doing is pretty darn cool.

Before I plunked down to watch the Online DVD last night I went out to arrange my roundpen to my satisfaction. Since setting it up I have been pretty enthused to use it, but want to make sure I have THINGS in it so I do just go "well, go in a circle". We are building a new porch, and under the porch a whole new log was found, so I appropriated that, as well as part of the old porch to use as a pedestal. Construction brings so many toys!

I have a bunch of tires as well, so I started carting them into the round pen in twos to make little jumps - two tires on each end + a log = a nice little jump. I set up three of those, since I had three logs, and then made a wider jump with the big truck tires as the spread. My plot involves pseudo hill therapy for Mo to help her carry herself. Since she has some hair rubs where the girth goes right now, I figure its the perfect time to bring her home and practice up on our Liberty!
Dakota was watching me this whole time. Even got in the way as I rolled the tires over - rolled them right between his legs! He just sort of went "OH BOY! a TIRE!" and looked at it roll, it was pretty funny.

When I was finally heading in after dragging my chunk-o-porch into the pasture [HEAVY] I noticed my reels sittting out - which I had FORGOTTEN about!! OH BOY!! I got two reels [from electrical wire] from work and forgotten about them!! They are smaller ones, but would make great toys none the less! AND I remembered about my balance beam that I got my dad to make ages ago and never used since I moved the horses. Really its just two 4x4's bolted together, but its a FOCUS point!

ALL OF A SUDDEN I HAVE SO MANY TOYS!!! And here I was bemoaning the fact that I had nothing at home because I took all my barrels to Aunty's house... DUH!!! Oh, and on the truck tire jump, I pulled a piece of wood out of the scrap pile from when my dad made my tree stand-on-able, wrapped a shower curtain loosley around it and layed it across the tires to make it 'scary'. I am pretty sure Mo will attempt to ingest it, but it should be fun anyways!

I am pretty excited to play with my 'new' toys. I cant believe I didnt think of this sooner...


:-D
S

0 comments: