CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Adorable Indy

Just a little happening today. It has been ice raining and cold and obviously the holidays. So I havent done to much in the way of ponies, other than make sure they are fed and happy :-)

Today when I went to get hay for Dakota I called a hello to Indy and Mo who both looked up, and then went about my business. I hauled out hay and grain to the truck and was all ready to go, but first I wanted to say hello to Pride, who was right by the barn. She is just so cute. She is this adorable standerdbred 29 year old mare. I grew up learning to ride on her - an ex pacer! She is an adorable old lady these days.

Much to my surprise, when I stopped to say hi to Pride, I noticed that Indy, of all horses, was making her way over to us at the gate from halfway across the feild! WOW!! I ran inside to grab a cookie for her and waited. She got all the way to the ring fence and then got stuck. I think she forgot the gate was still open so I made my way over to her. Pride got all happy and hufy so I gave her half a cookie - this mare is impossible to catch when you want her!Indy just looked tickled pink that I was coming to see her and she met me at the gate WHAT A DOLL!

Her eyes were just so bright and happy that I ave her the cookie, a horsemans handshake and a hug! We hung out for a while, with her expressing her desire for more cookies by nibbling [attempting] on my mitts and jacket. She is just so cute! She looked so happy.

When I finally walked back to the gate to go back to the truck, both Indy and Pride followed me. They were both adorable!!

This change in Indy, her suden interest in me, is amazing. I love it! I cant wait until the weather starts to remember it actually likes me again... so we can PLAY!

:-)
S

0 comments: