CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Little Things That Make You Go Awww

I think today is one of the coldest days yet this year. Incredibaly chilly PLUS a windchill. Just not fair. Simply not fair at all. Today was our baking day for all the pre-christmas things. Two people came out to see Dakota. The first one isnt very promising, didnt even want to ride, but the second was a VERY nice lady who really seemed to get on well with him and she rode and things and it seemed good. She is looking at another horse after christmas though, so we will see how it works out.

This afternoon though, when I went to pick up some hay for Dakota, Mo and Indy were so cute! I was just going out into the ring to say hi to them for a second, but it never ends up that way, does it? They both walked over to me, which was a REALLY nice treat. I gave them each a hug and a piece of cookie I had from playing with Kota earlier. They really liked that!

I hung out with them for a few minutes and then noticed Trixie pacing the fenceline like she forgot there was a gate and she thought she was locked out from everyone else. How weird! So I ran over to the gate to try to get her attention - I was worried she might try to jump or something - and then behind me I hear this crunch crunch crunch..... I turn around and there is Mo TROTTING behind me!!!!

I just about burst. My liberty, I have said before, is the savvy I neglect and therefore it isnt very good. The last few days in Ocala we were actually finally playing and doing some good stuff at liberty but then obviously I had to leave... BUT WOW! I havent had draw like that with her before! She was trotting after me! I hadnt even asked her to come! I was amazed.

After I got Trixie to relax and be on the right side of the fence I started running around again and guess what... Mo kept running with me! We ran and played tag around for a good fifteen minutes! It was so much fun! I was actually warm to because I had a zillion layers on PLUS snowpants! I forgot how much I love my snow pants - they are even SAVVY with beltloops I can put my string on. That is my big annoyance with winter [one of several] is that I end up wearing a zillion layers of fleece and flannel and none of them have belt loops so I never have a string handy when I need it! So big bonus that my snowpants have belt loops :-)

Me and Mo played for a good while, and at the end, Indy was even joining in! One big breakthrough with the two of them is that they were standing close together - think line up, Mo, then me then Indy - and they werent trying to kill each other!!! Which is very new! I like to think its because I am being a good leader for Mo, because she is always the defensive one who starts it. Her bubble is LARGE!

So thats my story. OH! And Mr Shy Guy, Tripp, actually came over to say hi and got close enough to get a cookie. Fun stuff. I was totally thrilled that I got to play tag - in my rustley noisy snowpants none the less! Mo is such an awesome girl! Indy is getting so curious about me to! Its great! She was going through this "pfft.. I dont need you" phase right when I got back, so I hope seeing Mo get so excited and happy every time I come is helping.

Thats another thing I adore. EVERY time I get to the barn and call Mo's name, her head snaps up and shes all OMG YOUR HERE WHERE ARE YOU!? And she comes right over to get a hug. Its SO adorable! I love my ponies <3

:-)
S

0 comments: