CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Friday, January 9, 2009

Happenings

Not much has been happening out here in the cold. We have had a string of windy cold snowy days and now the grass has gone again. I managed to get stuck something like four times in one day trying to get out of Aunty's laneway. Joy, only notreally. I HATE getting stuck, with a passion. It frustrates me SO MUCH! I feel helpless, which I loathe to feel and there is nothing I can do about it really. So I called my mom and her and Rob came and towed me down the lane. Stupid two feet of snow... OF COURSE you can get in just fine but not out! HA!

In other news, Dakota is getting his pre-purchase vet check tomorrow. Should be a novel experience, since I have never seen/been part of one of those before. I dont really know what it entails, but the lady buying him said dont ride before and then they need to see him undersaddle. So I hope to high heaven it isnt -40 plus windchill tomorrow! If all goes well, they will be taking him home. They are a nice family and work with a friend of mine so I will be able to keep track of him I hope. He is selling with a buy-back contract, so hopefully he will be safe forever.

I have found a fun new thing to do - http://www.photoinpress.ca/en/software/download_bookdesigner.html
it is a program that you can make a scrap book esque book of your own using pre-existing templates but pictures from your own life. You can even get it printed when you finish into a coffee table style bound hard cover book. AND ITS FREE! There are all kinds of different templates - like 5 photos on a page, 3 horizontal and 2 vertical with some words ..e tc.. you can have up to 16 pictures on one page! I find it a lot of fun, but I am picture obsessed and love programs that can help me organize them.

I have been trying to organize all the pictures on my laptop and old PC computer since one is yelling at me for having a full hard drive and the other I am afraid will just die with all my precious things on it. I have SO MANY pictures, I never really thought about it before, but my 4G memory stick is FULL and it wasnt even half... oh boy! Good thing I just bought a stack of CD's! It took four to get all the pictures fromt he stick onto cd's.... yey! Of course the joy being I can only burn either at work [on someone elses pc even, mine has nothing] or on mom's computer at home. None of mine have that capability. Joy. New laptop is on the list... someday!

Mo and Indy are good. The vet is coming to do their coggins tests on Monday - she was supposed to come Wednesday but we got a HUGE blizzard so we re-scheduled. No problem with that... its a peril of living in Canadia. Dad is working on the truck and trailer, getting everything travel-a-bazillion-miles ready. I got haybags yesterday from the tack store, since haynets went over so badly on the past trip. Now all I need is one of those midget saddle racks for inside the goosneck and everything should be ready [other than packing]

:-)
S

0 comments: