CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Updates

Travel plans are progressing along well. Trailer is road worthy, truck [big one from dad] is being transfered/getting plates since it has only a dealer plate, and B is arriving next thursday! Mo and Indy got their coggins tests done last night and were total troopers. Funny story about that actually [sort of, mostly just makes me smile] I wasnt late really, but five minutes behind my usual schedule and the vet was early, conspiring to get here to the farm one minute before me.

So, I felt terrible that my horses werent in and waiting and to boot they were in the far lower corner of the pasture. DOH. So after apologizing quite a lot I went out to the back door and called Mo. I LOVE AND ADORE MO BEYOND ALL EVERYTHING! My pony snaps up her head, goes OMG YOURE HERE and runs over to me. She mostly brings the herd because they think its dinner time, but Mo bee-lines it to me and I just step aside to let her in the barn and she goes to a stall.

Indy was peeing while this was happening, but as soon as she was done she high tailed it over, shoved her way through the crowd and gave me this "IM HERE! SEE!" look and went right in the barn to. YEY!!! I didnt feel so bad about being late anymore. THAT was impressive. My ponies rock. AND Indy got complemented on how quiet she was for the blood taking and standing to get diagramed [sorry she is so complicated... paint coggins are no fun!] So that was my excitement. Having your horse RUN to you really makes a difference when you are behind schedule!

In other news, Dakota is going to his new home tonight. I am ambiguous about this. Half devastated still, half relieved he has a place to go. I will eventually figure out what I feel for sure, but last night was a good hint, having Mo and Indy in the barn together, both having run to me, and nickering for me to visit with them in their stalls just felt like an outpouring of love. It was soooo nice. It felt right, and that helps a lot. Indy was so great. I sort of expect Mo to have a better standard of behaviour for these things because ... well I am not sure why, I just do. But I always worry just a little with Indy because she hasnt experienced as much with me as Mo has, but she was perfect AND lowered her head and brought it around when I haltered her with NO hesitation. LOVE IT! If someone takes her as a lease horse, they are going to have a BLAST, she is becoming SUCH A JOY!

So my list of to do's is still kind of long, but its getting under control. I still have to:
Call Parelli to get payment organized
Call AgriCan to get Health Certs signed after I get them on Friday
Pick up B at the Airport
Make waffles with C [see? I didnt forget you!]
Re-practice trailer loading with Indy, just to make sure
Trade trucks with popsy
PACK
Get my tack re-organized
Find small saddle rack from Apple for gooseneck
Get my manifest faxed to the 730 truck stop
ummm I think thats near to all of it. OH and I have to confirm what day with the horsey motel. Thats all :-) Major thing was getting the coggins done, and now they are, so life is good. Well, getting Dakota a home was major, but thats done to. Everything is falling into place! Its almost time to go!

:-)
S

0 comments: