CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Oopsy!

Well clever me, I seem to have neglected my dear darling blog a tad, so I thought I would take this oppurtunity to update :-)

This last week has been a busy one. I have started playing with my aunts mare Crystal one a long standing bargain we had that I would help get her started. That has been going well, she is an interesting horse with herd bound issues and some fun lack of confidence vs dominance things to play with to. Should be an interesting development!

Mo and Indy are stellar. Both have completely re-integrated into the herd like they never left at all. They both even remembered their stalls on the first night back in the barn. And people say horses arent clever!

It rained today, thunderstormed a bit actually, so I went out to visit my girls and they were both in the shed so I brought them into their stalls to relax for a while while I groomed each of them up all shiny and nice. I love to dote on my ponies, I really do, its one of my favorite things, just spending time hanging out loving on them. They were both grateful to come in out of the rain and get loved.

The best part was when I went to put them out, I let them out of their stalls [one after the other separately] at liberty, walked them to the gate, they both waited to be sent out, and they both DISENGAGED themselves and came looking for a hug and a cookie. WHAT GOOD PONIES!!! It was stellar. Absolutley perfect, go out, diesngage and come back happily, ears forward and everything. EEEEE!

I hope it stops raining soon, so I can play with them. I have only gotten to play with each once since being back other than this grooming session. Rain and cold combined are no fun! Summer is coming... at least I havent been trapped here all winter!

:-)
S

0 comments: