CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Difference Between Left Brain and Right Brain

I just had a rather important BFO I think.

Lying in bed, on my way to dream land I was contemplating my two ponies, as I am wont to do, thinking what I can do next to improve my savvy and theirs. I was thinking about what a cool session me and Mo had yesterday [that I forgot to blog about, but it was awesome] and that she jumped the upright barrels with a pole across them [two as standards plus pole] I couldnt beilieve she jumped it, right off, with no inspection or anything, just complete responsibility number four: Watch where you are going. She did, and cleared the jump easy. Pretty cool for a not so enthusiastic jumping pony. Whoo. Mo is a Left Brain Extrovert, some times introvert, she is right on that cusp.

Contrast that with Indy, who I know is a fabulous spectacular can-jump-paige-wire-fencing jumper. In our play today I just wanted to see what would happen if I pointed her at the same jump. Three times, she knocked it down, only noticing it was there at the very last second. After the first time I sent her to it to investigate it, but she still knocked it down. Indy is a Right Brain Extrovert. Getting very confident mind you, so she is starting to *look* left brain....

Hmmm....

So. A left brain horse will be aware of where they are going and make an effort to clear the obstacle. A right brain horse will be aware of the obstacle but only inso much as to see it at the last second and lose the oppurtunity of a good clearance. How interesting!!! Its funny to, because its not like Indy was tuned out today, she was right with me. Just clearly unaware of where her feet were going.

This may or may not make sense come morning, but it just hit me and Iwanted to note it before I forgot.

:-)
S

0 comments: