CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just Little Things :-)

Today my plans got a little distracted, but good things happened anyways.

I was planning on playing with at least Indy and Crystal today, but only got to Indy because friends called me to come out and play since we all finally had a day off on the SAME day [thats a big deal around here andunheard of!]

Firstly, when I first got to Aunty's house in the morning to let Pride into the barn, Indy, Mo AND Pride were all waiting for me at the gate. I cant tell you what an amazing wonderful glowing awesome beautiful feeling that is. Pride was there because she wanted in obviously, but BOTH my ponies were happily waiting for me at the gate, begging to play! WOW!!!!!

I opened the gate to let Pride in ad she went on into her stall. I invited Indy into the barn at liberty and she came in very politely and stopped when I asked her in front of her stall so I could halter her. While this was going on Mo was waiting politely at the gate behind Indy. I sent Indy further into the barn and dropped the rope to leave her be while I got Mo in and put her in her stall for her naps. Silly Mo, every time she comes in she naps ...litterally, flat out, sleeping, snoring sometimes even. She is so cute.

Once I got Mo settled, I groomed Indy and we went out to play. We played online some, with circles and transitions and figure eight and then tried our weave. Everything went really well. eaving needed some clarification but Indy was having a blast. We also played some more with backing by the tail, which I started teaching her last session, and she was right there! It was very cool, she is super clever.

Around there A called me and said lets go see Transformers 2 ... again. How could I resist? Optimus... big screen... Im there! So I finished up with Indy online and proceded to complete the coolest thing with her.... I gave her a bath, from the hose, with shampoo, AT LIBERTY. OMG WOW!

This might not sound so awesome to most people, but let me explain. Before my sojourn to Florida, I could not get ANYWHERE near Indy with a hose, with the water off, let alone running water and actually let the water TOUCH her. So, to have her stand calmly while the water runs over her head and neck while I suds up her mane. What a cool horsey!! I am so proud of her!!

So much hugs and cookies later, Indy went back out into the pasture and I went to giggle at Mo, who was indeed sleeping! Such an adorable little girl! I hugged her and gave her some cookies then asked her to please get up and go outside. All at liberty, she went out and disengaged while I protected her space from Indy who was hoarding the entrance looking for cookies. It was very cool to be able to do that for Mo. I think she rather enjoyed it.

With that, I had to run so I could have time to shower before visiting mes amis, so as not to offend them with my [lovely, I think] eau de barn. They cant seem to find the appreciation for it that I have. Oh well!

So bath time with Indy, and cool naps and herds of two stuff with Mo, even if it was brief. Coolest stuff happens with my girls :-)

:-)
S

0 comments: