CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Filly Update

Nothing on my ponies today because its pouring buckets and COLD, but I got some fun news this morning when I got to work.

Remember that hard to catch filly? 45 minutes the first day, nine minutes the second day... well yesterday, when I wasnt there, they all had to come in for farrier work... guess who was the EASIEST one to catch!!!!! YEYYYYYYY!!! I am so happy!! PRIME example of taking the time it takes, so it takes less time.

Two days of a pattern and then POOF, anyone could and did catch her. LOVE IT. Perfect perfect perfect example of putting the relationship first!! YEYYYY FILLY!!

Its kind of fun working in a barn FULL of little [well not really little] Allures.... SO many of the horses are LBE to the max. Everything is a toy, everything deserves ALL their energy, EVERYTHING goes in their mouth!! Its like standard warning before taking a horse out "Oh, watch out, that one bites" and I will grant, two or three ARE biting, the rest are just playing. They are young, full of energy, and just want to have fun. I love it, it cracks me up. "I dont want my halter on my head, I want to chew on it" "Ok, that is perfectly acceptable, lets play with that" about half a minute of my version of 'play with that' and they are ready to just put their nose in the halter.  I, at least, feel like they appreciate not being smacked around to just 'behave' and be a perfect robot.

I found an itchy spot on one of the uber mouthy ones today, I really like him, he is a real character. Interestingly, I didnt get the warning about biting on him until AFTER having wrapped his legs and done a couple of things with him. It never occured to me that he would be a biter, he was just playful and super investigative with zone one, so I acted accordingly and we got along famously. I am really coming to realize JUST how much I have learned from my florida adventures. Its slowly leaking out my fingers and being ever so useful.

Now all I have to do is find a way to get back there and all will be well!!

:-)
S

0 comments: