CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Friday, August 28, 2009

OH BOY!!!!

I love my ponies. Just pont blank, I really really do. I love that I can lead them from point A to point B without a chain over their nose, withthem respecting my personal bubble AND my pace. I just adore them. Every time I see them, that thought just repeats over and over in my head. I LOVE my horses. I think thats what passion is all about. The thing that perks you up in the morning, what gets you going even after a long day at work, THAT is something worth having in your life. I cant even begin to contemplate what life without horses would look like for me. Even just the thought brings me near to tears. They are my life, passion and my everything.


Hmm... unintended gush aside, here is what awesomeness befell me this afternoon!


I went out to visit with Crystal after work today, to see how she was feeling. She got a stone bruise and has been tender the last few days. Someone was supposed to come look at her to buy tomorrow, but obviously we have postponed because the darling diva is still limping! I figure its about half real ouch half drama queen putting on a show. Crystal is a little like that. Adoreable with a tendancy towards the dramatic. Usually its a positive, in that she makes dramatic changes in her learning, but this is the other side of it I guess :-)


In case there was question, once I was in the pasture checking her out, I was reeled in like a fish on a line to MY ponies. Who I havent seen in, oh about a day and a half. GASP! I walked in their ish direction, and was surprised to see them grazing within twenty feet of one another WITHOUT trying to battle to the death, that was a nice touch. I whistled and called them and got graced with a Mo going 'OH HAI!" and going back to grazing and an Indy going " Oh boy! You are HERE!" and walking over to me! Whoo! One out of two aint bad!!


When Indy got over I just hugged her a lot, and scratched her and thanked her for being the awesome individual she is. If you know me at all, you know what comes next. My disease, otherwise known as Mustsitonhorse Syndrome kicked in and since I had no halter with me I tried to think of ways I could sit on Indy and still be confident I wouldnt die. Her and I have that little line sometimes, that she toes a little with us being a confident unit. Only sometimes though. And its getting less and less as we both get more comfortable and confident with each other.


My first thought was a Cherokee bridle. That failed epically. To be honest, Dakota is the only one who ever tolerated that. I never did anything with it and just tried it with him one day and he was just so ho-hum, he accepted it right off the bat.

AND THIS IS WHERE BLOGGER ATE THE REST OF MY POST!!!!

I am so sad, and I cant re-write the whole rest of the post, so I will just say that the whole thing went fabulously with Indy and that I adore her. Bareback and bridless with a neck string in a 25 acre pasture, walk and trot seamlessly.

Also, the filly it took 45 minutes to catch at work, took only 9 minutes to catch the second day and she followed me around like a puppy dog after.

Sorry guys.. it was a long post, and it is just to much to re-write espeically since it was very much a happy spew post.

S

0 comments: