CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Monday, July 9, 2012

One Down... One to Go!

I did it! I bit the proverbial bullet, and I finally got my Level 4 Online Audition filmed! Of course, I picked one of the hottest and buggiest days out there in which to do it, but thats not the point. I still managed to do it. I think it took about four takes, because I am a spazz [ and Mo is infinately patient] but we somewhat accomplished our goal.

I forgot some things in the actual one I sent in, because I thought they were there... but upon re-watching the final product, they were in fact in the previous takes... whoops. Go brain! Either way, I was somewhat pleased by the final cut, though by no means satisfied. I *know* we can do better, and I am just hoping that the audition re-viewers know it too.... It is such a challenge to cram all of Mo's awesomeness into ten minutes! Realistically... it is more of a challenge for me to organize my brain coherently into audition material for ten minutes... But hey, we did it. Pass or not pass [ there is no fail, right?] we still did it.

Beside the whole point is the fact that I nearly passed out when we finished. I am going to go with "because of the adrenaline rush" as my official reason, but closer to the truth may be Mother Nature kicking my butt with some mild heat strokey-ness. I did a terrible job of hydrating that day. Plus it was a trillion degress plus humidity. Adrenaline Rush. Thanks.

While I sat off my 'adrenaline rush' I reviewed my video and put some kind-of-somewhat-badly-suited music to it. Usually I am much more thoughtfull with music. This was such a just GETITDONEANDSENTINBEFOREYOUCHANGEYOURMIND effort, that I just plooped on whatever I felt sounded good at the moment and fit the time frame. I believe I ended up with some Finger Eleven [Living in a dream - relavant] some POTC [Bootstraps bootstraps- irrelevant, but fit the time-ish, and token piratey] and some Lipps Inc [ because everybody needs a little Funky Town every now and again...me more often than most]

Now onto Liberty... that one is going to take some more thinking. Mo did really well today at our figure eight, but got lost on the circle... so we are going to keep playing with it :)

:)
S

0 comments: