CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Indy the Greeter

Today Indy and I had my favorite job! We were the greeters at the front gate at Parelli to welcome all the new students!

I thought it would be a perfect job for Indy to desensitize her and get her out in the world. We had a great session yesterday and then today we saddled up and rode down the laneway and played out on the front area waiting for trailers. Even with the big rigs coming by, she was stellar! Traffic is not something that bothers this pony! Although golf carts took a couple of passes before she was ok with them, mostly she was a star.

While waiting we played with moving the front end vs hind end and that was fun. Indy learned a lot because her hind end is really mobile while her front is pretty heavy, so it was really nice that by the end of check in I could move her front end around much easier!

Very cool day!

:-)
S

0 comments: