CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Thoughts!

Another new year is upon us! I have very high hopes that this year be as great or greater than this last year.

This past year was pretty full. It started off with me heading to the Parelli Campus in Florida from February to May for an Internship [or part anyways] as my then boyfriend and I put an offer on a 70 acre farm.... quite literally the day before I left. Finagling out the details from florida to close the deal, buying the farm and then coming home engaged to said boyfriend, and with one Level 4 Savvy passed! [freestyle] And that was only MAY!

The summer came, sunny and warm, and full of teaching. Horsey time with Mo was great. Some stresses about closing on the house were worth it in the end when we moved in August. Mass renos began and then finished by the 19th of December. I also got a new job to keep me busy through the winter and a new pony, because two wasnt enough apparently. Fall was long and lovely, warm, though not as full of horsey time because of new jobness, still good though.

Now the renos are mostly done, the shortest day has come and gone, and somehow its that future age of 2012.  What can I do this year to top last year??

Here are some of the things I would like to do!

 - Pass my Level 4, online and liberty. Finesse is a maybe.  [with Mo]
 - Do a gentle colt start/ first ride or two on Zephyr
 - Find Reggie a replacement, so he can retire in grace from my service
 - Host regular play days and fun things at my new home
 - Create pasture and play space for said play days, maybe some pens too...hmmm.. thats a new idea! I will have to percolate on that one!
 - COMPETE! I really really want to take Parelli to the local competitions to show people how a great foundation can serve you - how its way more than wiggling a rope! i plan to compete int he sport of Eventing with Mo and Indy. Eventually Zephyr too, but shes just a kid right now :)


The biggest thing I am trying to do right now is to stay positive about winter. Its dark, snowy, icy, cold and yucky. All the things that are counter intuitive to horseplay. I am trying really hard to be satisfied with the little plays I get around feeding time, and be proud of them for their progressive and lack of AGRESSION surrounding said feeding time since we began. Also, I am carefully supplementing vitamin D to prevent the SADS :)

I will also try to post more this year. I outdid the previous year by five posts, but hopefully there will be substabitally more to report this year.

:)
S

0 comments: