CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Monday, November 3, 2008

Principle Games Day

Today was an indepth study of the three principle games - Friendly, Porcupine and Driving. We had demos and remudas about them and it was very interesting to test how far you can take it, and tolerate vs accept and adding imagination etc...

So that was the theme for my play sessions with Mo today. We didnt do anything fancy, we just moseyed our way into a free round pen by the lodge and played in there. We started out doing some driving from zone 4/5 and playing follow the rail. It was interesting. Mo sort of got the concept but then didnt want to stop so we went into a version of a million transitions on the ground, walking, stopping and backing by the tail. This was all well and good going to the right but when I changed it up going to the left it sort of fell apart so we started up really slow again until it was ok.

So then we started working on following with backing by the tail because she tends to go in just straight lines or pull AWAY from me instead of with whatever direction I am going. We took it slow, and I released with just a step or two and got lots of licking and chewing. That was really cool.

I only had a little time because there was a workshop at 3 for 45' rope handling that I really wanted to attend so we pretty much finished up with that and went back to the pen so I could put Mo away and grab my rope.

Rope handling was fun, my rope has a lot more breaking in to do ! So do I before I am competent enough to use it wiht a horse attached to the other end. After rope things I got Mo out again but I am pooped today so I grabbed my book and we just grazed for a while til dinner and then I went to the intern/extern thing to get a new booklet [Suzie, I swear Im emailing you, give me time!LOL] I really want to apply for it, its affordable [comparatively] and coming out of it I could be a trainer or go on to intern or whatever... but I just have to get my Level 2 officially.... so we will see about that!

J said she would help me video, I just have to wait for the first week of fluidity when I can ride to film the riding portion... I should see if maybe she wants to come do the online/liberty stuff this weekend or something....

blargh.,... planning! Anyone want to donate to the send S to school fund???!?!?!?

Sorry this is short, it was a short sort of day...

1 comments:

Suzie Brown said...

Haha, waiting somewhat patiently, haha. No worries, I'm sure you're super busy there. Soak it all in so you can tell me all about it in the smallest details!!! Oh, I bought the wintec 2000, then decided that when I used the wide or x-wide gullet it kept the back of the saddle too high (and Blue needs the wide to x-wide). So now I just got the wintec wide 500 and I'm going to try it tomorrow. Is that the one you have? Luckily that one can have the wide or x-wide gullet from the regular wintec so you can make the front narrower but keep the back wide. I'll let you know. My saddle saga is ongoing! Ah!