CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yo-Yo focus day - yo-yo from zone five, backing by the tail!

So yesterday was yo yo focus day and Mo did great - the title says it all... and since I am to distracted by fbook to get to this in time I am going to have to fill this out later - sorry guys!

Ok, so im back! I didnt get to post yesterday because I had to go pick up my truck from the garage - its all better now and I have transpo so WHOOHOO!

So the other day was yoyo day. When it came time to play me and Mo headed to a roundpen to experiment. We played with yoyo from zone three and got almost to canter departs which was way cool .

In a crowning Mo-ment we were playing with driving from zone five and yoyoing back and I thought it would be cool to see if I could get her to walk forwards and then stop and back up by the tail... and SHE DID! It was so cool. It has been soooo neat having these focus days because I am usuallly terrible at keeping focused on one thing so these days have really helped me refine and concentrate on things!

So there we were, backing around by the tail and driving forwards at the lightest suggestion. Very cool stuff!

It was interesting trying to tech Mo initially about moving away from the carrot stick because she really likes to turn and face - which is a left brain thing because getting zone 1 driven is a dominance thing that they dont like. So it was really neat when she started to yeild to it and stay straight. We were still working on the rail though to use that as reinforment and an extra support for her. And me.

OH AND LATER!
DANCING PETE TAUGHT US ALL THE SEVEN GAMES DANCING !!!!!!!!
So much funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! I did it in Colorado when I went to Savvy Conference and it was still sooooooooooooooooo cool!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I found someone who knows what parelli is! SOMEONE WHOSE NOT YOU@ lol. theres a guy who works overnights at my travails..lol. he is a little old for you or i'd make you meet him lol. not that your into that kinda thing but afellow who likes horses AND parelli! lol. too bad hes like.. 15 years (maybe more) too old. lol