CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Friday, November 14, 2008

Riding in the RAIN!

Wednesday has come and gone and we were finally allowed to RIDE! Of course this is the day a mild tropical storm decided to blow through. Lovely. It was actually really really fun to ride in though. It was hot and sticky [and I loved it] and then it rained while maintaining that lovely warmness. Mo and I cantered across the playground in the rain. Super fun.

I actually changed Mo's shim pattern again, so we will see how that goes. I got a few tips from Avery yesterday about dry spots so today is going ot be my experiment day with that.

Yesterday we rode again, lots of point to point with trees, wokring on riding off just my energy and things instead of reins, and that went pretty well. I got to help out Jamie cantering the perimete of the ring to help Raisin get used to being around other horses. That was fun. Mo was having fun. After our ride she was all super warm though so I let her sit in the pond for fifteen minutes. THAT was funny! She went in over her back, stopped, turned and looked at me and just stood there. Priceless. I love my horse!

This afternoon J is coming to pick us up to go over to her place, so that tomorrow morning we can tape my level two. That should be fun. Then in the afternoon we are going to a horse sale and a horse expo. I LOVE FLORIDA! So many horsey activities!

Ummmm... what else is new? Dancing Pete came back lat night, and that was uber fun. And I had my first Ben and JErry's ice cream to - cookie dough - and that was really good ! Scoff if you want, but I havent ever had it, so I didnt know it was good!

I think thats about it. Today is leadership day, and that should be interesting. I also have to learn how to post without squeezing with my legs. Let Mo push me out of the saddle. That is one of the things Avery said could be causing the dry spots. How interesting! Experimenting day!!!

:-)
S

0 comments: