CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The beginning

Dearest C! I hope this finds you well,

Here I sit, in my new room for the six weeks, Pirates of the Caribbean playing in the back ground, contemplating how my journey has gone this far.

We left Russell on Thursday morning fairly early. [And I shall need to know your name…] The first hour and a half went great, then we hit the Canadian border. That was a little nerve wracking! My coggins test semi-technically expired on the 24th, since for travelling they are only good for six months – which I didn’t know until the day before I left practically, but my vet took another before I left, so its coming in the mail. Anyways, we thankfully got through, squeaked through really, and were on our way after about an hour.

Day one was good. We stopped and did the bathroom thing, the Arby’s thing and finally made it to our stop for the night. We stayed the night in Elizabethtown Pennsylvania. It was a great place and we met great people. Day two we were scheduled to meet another travelling companion so we got to dawdle around in the morning having breakfast and such before hitting the road. We didn’t get on the road until nearer to ten thirty. This turned to be a sort of negative thing because the mileage between PA and our stop on the NC/SC border was the longest leg of the trip. We didn’t pull in there until near to TEN PM!!! YIKES! To top that off we were having transmission problems to we had to go slow. The hills in PA/NY are killer!

So we made it to Sally’s Ark, which was fabulous [and then they made me their chief] Mo had a great snooze that night and was fair coated in shavings come morning. When it came time to leave, we left early for the last day of travel, and Mo loaded up like a complete champ. I adore my horsey.

The last day of travel went well, we made it in fourth gear all the way here, if a little slowly. At least we made it!! Mo unloaded here great and has been in a great paddock stretching her legs and napping alternately ever since.

Horse country around her is simply stunning. STUNNING I tell you. If I get a chance I will photograph it all! We saw palm trees on the roads on the drive down, that was fairly awesome to. I found Waldo! He is in fact a town in Florida! And I saw a town called Dumfries, and I found the original Brunswick [vs NEW Brunswick LOL] Also saw New Carolton, which made me giggle and think of Tanya.

My hostess is amazing, and I cant wait to be able to talk more with her! She is so so so nice, and [I think] we get along great. Dad and I took her and her husband Ralph out to dinner last night, it was a really good time! So, anyone looking to come down for a course here, I HIGHLY recommend staying at J’s Place – contact me if you need contact info! I obviously cant guarantee she will have space, but you can try! J

Dad and I did some grocery shopping this morning – after accidentally getting lost down the road with some of the most beautiful horse places I have ever seen – so my fridge/cupboard space here now looks exactly like it does at home – Poptarts [my sundae ones!] orange juice, and milk. Joy!

There are TONS of tack stores around here, and the mercantile at the Parelli centre [ you seem somewhat familiar, have I threatened you before?] so I am so totally pumped to go SHOPPING!!!

Hmm… what else…. [hows your footwork?] OH! At the Florida Ag stop [which I was also panicking about] I made friends! ME! Who never talks to anyone I don’t know, who is SHY – but I saw rope halters on the horses in the trailer so I got brave and asked if they were headed to the ISC and they were! So that was awesome and we got to follow them most of the way through Florida, so that was spectacular. [Or, perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you have already found one, but are otherwise incapable of WOOING said strumpet…. You’re not a eunuch are you?]

So now I am just waiting for my AMAZINGLY GRACIOUS hostess to get back from an errand she had this morning because she said she could trailer Mo over to the centre for me since my truck is sort of done being usefull until I can get it to a garage and get it fixes [PIRATE] So that is so nice of her.

I cant think of anything else to add right now so I will add later!
:-)
S

5 comments:

C said...

ok. so before I read this - an apology!!! I haven't read/updated blogspot in soooo long, but I promise I will now. Know why? Because I was sitting here going "man I wish I could know how Sandy's first day went..." and then I found myself going 'omgblogspoteffyess!' XD yayyyy the reason for having a blogspot in the first place is coming to fruition! or however you spell it, it's too late to care now anyways! XD <333

... k now i'll go read!

C said...

literally reading this right now. and omg you're quoting pirates throughout your post! as if i don't know your ACTUALLY watching it! for the first couple of paragraphs i was all 'you know my name, deary. have you gone senile in your youth?' until i got to the 'and they made me their chief.'

amazing. simply amazing.
(and your car troubles are reminicent of our florida car troubles, no? lol I do not envy that omgitsgoingtobreakdown mindset!)

more comments later...
(ps: my word verification is 'flogica'. what kind of word is that?)

C said...

... aparently it is not a word.

C said...

yay for no mo loading troubles! XD

and omg we're totally on a role with finding the 'old' places this year! I beg you to remember 'Zealand' XD

BRING ME BACK POPTARTS, YO!!
and US cakesters lol

guh. Florida was supposed to be a total bust... not that I didn't want you to have a good time at all, but at the same time you're not supposed to BELONG THERE [DAMN IT ALL]!!!1!

I'm so glad you're having fun down there! Everything is awesome (and effing freezing) up here, and I even sent you down your very special parcel today (note the wrapping paper when you receive it, and i want documentation of your reaction!). I plan on baking cookies this weekend for your mother, as planned!

miss you, homie! <33

S said...

dont have to much tiome gotta run but I just wanted to say best comments ever LMAO !!! <3