CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Monday, October 13, 2008

New Friends and Great Adventures!

Saturday was an absolutely PERFECT day. It reall couldnt have been any better. The sun was shining, it was warm, not a cloud in the sky, and Mo and I headed off to meet some new friends we met on the Savvy Club!

Turns out there are some more local Parelli students!! I LOVE finding out about other students!! There are three wonderful girls playing at a famr a half hour from me and they invited me over to play! Given Mo's proclivity to mischief in the recent past, I wasnt to sure how she would act, but I really didnt have to worry even a little bit.

She loaded up like an angel on the first try, and unloaded just as easy when we got there. We hung out and talked with our new friends and when we started to play Mo was just... right there. We played on the ground with everything I could think of, running and cavorting and weaving and figure eighting and standing on the pedestal and jumping barrels until I somehow ended up on her back. I really dont know what happened. One minute I was standing on a stump with her circling me and the next I was sitting on her... go figure?

So there we were, I was sitting on Mo, she had her halter on but her 22' was dragging in the ground. I had my carrot stick, and Mo was in a GREAT mood and we were in a good sized arena so I thought 'Hey why not?' and unclipped the 22' line - leaving me and Mo essentially bareback and bridless! Mo and I then proceded to have the best ride ever!! We walk trotted and cantered all around, completely in control and doing canter halt departs like we did it everyday... which we haent been since Mo has been on her crazy rampage.

I was BEYOND thrilled. Beyond coherent emotion, I was just so so very overwhelmed by Mo's awesomeness.

Then we had a little break for a drink and bathroom while the horses grazed and we talked. When we caught our ponies from their grazing heaven in the yard again, we saddled up and went to ride in another part of the property that had the coolest rock ledges that can be used for jumps! We played around in there for a while until it was pizza time and then broke for food!

For part three of our adventure I saddled up again, but ended up jumping off and unsaddling again to play bareback - I was feeling really in balance with Mo!! It felt wonderful to be so in tune with her.

Mo and I were bombing around doing all kinds of things essentially naked - her not me! We eventually went out again on a 'cool' down trail ride out in the pasture where the rocks were. I put Mo's hackamore back on for that, just in case.

Over all, it was SUCH a fantastic day. And what a WHOLE day to! We didnt go inside once [other than to answer natures call of course] and I was there from about 9:40am to 6:20 pm!! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!

FABULOUS!

:-)
S

0 comments: