CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Monday, October 6, 2008

Saddle Woes Solved.. I hope!

I think I have solved my recent riding woes. Mo has been really really strange and different in a negative way under saddle since I have been trying the Wintec Wide with her again. I think it is because it puts to much pressure on her shoulders. Always under the area where the shims are is a dry spot no matter how sweaty she is otherwise. So tonight after visiting my friends new horse [gorgeous] I ran over to test out my latest theory - new shim pattern, regular Wintec saddle.

I whistled when I got there and both Mo and Kota came over going "FOOD" so that was nice. I quickly haltered Mo and started getting out my shims and theraflex. Mo kept wandering away into the impending gloom of evening so I changed tactics and led her right into the tack room. That fascinated her and kept her amused while I fidgeted.

I deduced a new shim pattern for us. One thick shim in the regular vertical position, one thin shim horizontally and back a little, and then one thick on top of that horizontally back a little more. When I put the saddle on it looked really good so I girthed up and off we went into the ring.

I played a few little games on the ground then mounted up and wlaked off. Mo felt really good and started blowing and putting her head down right away. WHOO!! We trotted around and more stretching and blowing and happiness. Walk trot and canter, all stretchy and blowing! I got a canter to halt INSIDE my hula hoop on try one and basically threw myself from the saddle to hug Mo. MY Mo is back! The Mo I know and love has made a triumphant comeback!! HOORAAYYY!!!!!!

:-)
S

0 comments: