CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Friday, October 3, 2008

Kota!!

After my depression yesterday of finding out that Mo wont be accompanying me on my galavanting adventure to Florida, I went home to find some peace with the ponies. I brought out Mo's C1 style Myler bit to put on a bridle for Dakota. He really liked it last time he wore it, and I wanted to find out if it still applied.

I pulled up to the barn, whistled and headed into the tackroom to make up my bridle. When I came out armed with said bridle and some apple snacks I had two very enthused ponies awating me. How delightful! I went into the ring and pieced out my apple snacks, making sure Dakota shared with Mo [Indy is still in the big feild post gate-jumping incident] and then asked Dakota how he would feel about a little ride, because I had a fierce and unyeilding need to just sit on a horse. He said nifty, so I bridled him no problem and off we went ot the barrel so I could climb up.

We walked and trotted around a little until we passed the killer barrel at the end of the ring, and Dakota did an itty bitty spook. I kid you not. He just jumped sideways three inches. BUT. *sigh* I was not paying attention to him, but thinking and rethinking trip things, and so I slipped. Guh. How embarassing. So there I am, hanging off my horse like a monkey, with my one leg still hooked over his withers, and Dakota looking at me the way a parent looks at a child who did something foolish. Nice. At least he stood still. I just slipped to the ground - landing on my feet at least - and went over to make nice with the barrel before climbing back on.

We went around some more, played some sideways over some poles and trotted a figure eight through the barrels. Then we went over to Mo to visit. We mirrored her a bit until it lined up right and then I hopped over to Mo. I unbridled Dakota and bridled Mo and we just sat for a while, Dakota resting his head in my lap, it was so sweet. Then Miss Energy and I went and power walked around before trotting the figure eight so she would focus and calm down. Well, no, not calm down, just focus. Mo is just energetic apparently now. Go figure.

Just short little blurbs of riding, but you know what? They were so positive and fun, that I dont really care that it only lasted a half hour. As a side bonus, I got to christen my new jeans to bareback riding. Thats always *such* an integral part of breaking in new jeans ya know....

:-)
S

0 comments: