CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Houdini has LEFT the Building!

Ivy went home last night! Yey!!

At home I had grabbed Mo and put her on the trailer so Ivy would have company - and hopefully a calming effect - and then went out to my aunts to fetch her. Mo was amazing, a total trooper, just standing there waiting on the trailer!

Ivy loaded really well. I didnt rush her, just sort of asked her to investigate and she curious'ed her own self onto it. Indy was grazing in the bakcyard while all this was going on, she didnt care at all. Once in the trailer before we started moving Ivy had a little mini panic attack, but it was more of a WHERES MOM than claustrophobia, so it was to be expected.

For about one and a half kilometers of the drive Ivy was prancing around but then she settled down and stood super quietly. Of course in my head I am thinking "OMG... shes being QUIET... is she dead?!?" But when I pulled into her new home [my neighbours house] she looked at me all bright and clever when I opened the door. Quite pleased with herself I think.

She unloaded like a total pro, while Mo stod and was an angel! We let her go in her new paddock and she fancied around with her extended Freisian trot, showing off to us while we watched. She made nice with her new family - Tia and Crockett - and prowled her perimeter.

Everything went great when we let them out together, until they cornered her - not even really crowding, just a little close - and she got concerned and squeaked through the electric fence. The fence has a three second delay so we think she didnt get shocked. Luckily, Ivy is super people oriented and was a breeze to catch. We just put them all back together and shooed them into the bigger pasture.

My pasture borders theirs, so of course Kota was doing his own personal brand of fireworks, running and bucking and carrying on, trying to see who the newcomer was. So pretty....ermm.. handsome?

When everything settled down I took Mo back to Aunty's because her girth sores have healed so I can ride in a saddle again... my home time Liberty really sort of flopped... I feel to restricted at home.. not enough space .... I want to play at liberty in my round pen and then go play out in a thirty acre feild! I love having so much room at Auntys. It really is ideal - theres a riding ring, a small pasture, a BIG pasture, trails and access to tons of giant hayfields just at the end of the laneway! Talk about PERFECT! Mo likes being there to I think, and going on adventures with me.

So now Ivy is gone, Indy is pleased and Mo is back in at Auntys. Very productive evening overall!

:-)
S

0 comments: