CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mo's Five Minutes of Awesome

Hahha.. in my excitement about Indy I forgot to gush about Mo. I love Mo. Seriously, so much its ridiculous. Last night when I got home from seeing Indy, I went out to feed Kota and of course Mo looks put out that she doesnt get [or need] any. The neighbours were making noise with some machinery and I wanted to see what, and I needed to distract Mo.

So the obvious course of action is take Mo over to see.... but I dont want to walk six acres away, so I should definately hop on Mo and go over to see whats going on. Except I didnt bring out so much as a savvy string. Hmm. Didnt stop me or even slow me down. As per previous post, I only thought about it later, and realized what I'd done and squeed about it then. At the time I just brought Mo over to the tree, sidewaysed her over to it and hopped on.

Yep. Hopped on. Mo. Bareback. Bridleless. Totally as if it were an everyday occurance. WHOA. If you had asked me two years ago if bb/bl would ever be common place in my life I would have said only in my dreams. Funny how that works isnt it?

Mo and I took a nice little walk/trot jaunt around the pasture - turns out neighbours were getting hay and it was their hay elevator making all the noise - cool, since I have never actually seen one in action.

We made our way around the pasture a little bit, waiting for Kota to finish eating. Some little figure eights and circles - a tap on the neck for Mo is she forgot to turn. How cool...

To get off I sidepassed her back to the tree and got down onto the tree... pretty nifty if I do say so myself. GO MO!!! Lots of hugs for Mo.

I am just beyond thrilled with how my horses are progressing. Sometimes that perspective just clicks into place and I go WOW look where we are now compared to where we were. I am so PROUD of all of their growth!

:-)
S

0 comments: