CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

"If my particular passion ever kills me, it won't be because I was on my horse's back... It will be because I was gaping out of my car window at some horse standing innocently in a field when I was supposed to be paying attention to the road."

Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Best Friends

I completely forgot to post what I did on Tuesday so here it is, two days late, but here none the less.

Tuesday I wasnt feeling so great so I just filled up my pockets with treats and went out to see who wanted to do what. If anything at all.

Everyone was sort of out in the middle of the pasture so I made my way over there, just causually, not in any great hurry. Indy was the first horse I encountered, which was well and good because I needed to check her out and make sure her milk wasnt clumping and things. She was very pleased to recieve treats, not so much to have me fiddling with her full bag. She was really good about it though.

Interestingly, while I was taking care of Indy, Mo, from her place off to the right away [and further] from us, started walking AWAY from us. HONESTLY! I sort of *headdesk*'ed at that moment, wondering why on earth Mo would be walking away from me now of all times. I hadnt even so much as glanced her way yet!! She wandered over to the left where the other horses were and stopped.

When I finished with Indy, who looked sad as I took my treat filled pockets with me, I started to vaguely make my way over to where Mo almost was. I stopped at Trixie to say hi because Mo was giving me shifty looks. When I started to talk to Trixie Mo walked away.,.. again. This time over to Crystal, who she hates, so I dont know whats up with that. King was just beyond both Mo and Crystal so I sort of said "Mo and Crystal dont exist.. HI KING!" in my head. Interestingly, as I was passing them, heading to King [who hadnt yet realized my pockets were full] Mo sort of swung around to look at me and went "HEY! I didnt see you there! How is it going? Nice day huh?" And started walking with me.

I gave her a little treat and loved on her some. We walked in a curvy line and she followed me. Until I stopped. Mo kept walking. She walked like she had a great purpose in mind. It was pretty funny. So off Mo walked, while I dallied with King and Crystal, who both tackled me for treats - albeit politely. When I turned to check Mo's progress, I saw that both her and Indy were heading for the barn. Hmmm....

When I started after them Crystal came with me. Trixie then came up behind us so I stopped and waited and she opted to sniff me so I rubbed her. She licked and chewed at that. Interesting. When I turned to walk away, I hear this commotion behind me and then Trixie shoots by me in an all out gallop to the barn. Ok....

So now, all standing in the immediate vicinity of the gate are Mo, Indy, Trixie, Crystal and King. All looking at me. Indy is standing by the gate, looking at me and then meaningfully at the gate. Mo is at the old fence posts looking at me quite smugly like "See? I know the game plan! You come out.. we go in the barn" King was trying to harrass Mo with his little tiny pinned ears.. Mo just gave him one sort of "Seriously?" look and ignored him. Crystal and Trixie were both looking my way with fascinated expressions...

When I got closer Mo came over for more hugs. Which I obliged and then Trixie inched over slowly to, like she wasnt sure I wouldnt chase her away - which is justifiable, because usually I will. When she got closer I offered her my hand to sniff, which she did, and then proceded to scratch her while making sure not to offend Mo by scratching her with my other hand. One horse on either side, both arms in use, with just enough body blocking going on that Trixie didnt get to close to Mo to make a *squealkick* happen with me in the middle. Interesting!

And so it came to pass that I eventually waded through all the horses, to the gate, but not before Pride made an appearance from being in the shed and got her own treat. I dare say she looked very pleased.

I finally waded through them all, through the gate - after dislodging Mo, who had her head under the chain trying to get in the barn. I think they were all surprised when I just walked away.

Interesting thing happened when I backed Mo out of her gate conundrum - Indy was right there so when Mo turned to leave, she walked about two horse lengths away and just lifted her back leg like she was going to kick Indy! She couldnt have connected from where she was, but she was doing it anyways; completely left brain, slow and deliberate. When I saw her doing it I called her name sternly and she put her foot down. After a few seconds she picked it up again so I called her again and she put it down and walked away. Hmmmm

Very interesting experience...

:-)
S

0 comments: